I do love me some Zulily.
Half of Ali’s summer wardrobe, including her Easter dress, arrived via Zulily.
Every morning, I fit it into my routine to peek around at the day’s sales before my miniature tenants wake up. Besides the benefit of getting to shop the best deals for both me and the kids, I also get the privilege and joy of checking out the…other stuff.
And, being the introspective, overly curious person that I am, these other things always lead to many, MANY unanswered questions.
So. I thought that perhaps, just maybe, if I post them here, someone, somewhere can help me answer one or two.
After all, last time I came to you with my Zulily Questions, you actually solved one of them. So it seems completely worth it to try again.
So. Let’s begin.
1. Where are the Afghan Blanket and Great-Grandmother-curtains that got together and had this baby?
2. Why didn’t anyone tell me that Blossom was back and designing children’s clothes?
3. Where is the parent that said, “Yeah, I’m totally okay with my little girl having pulled-back curtains down the middle of her skirt.”??
(Many of my questions are followed by a long and uncomfortable shudder.)
4. I know I’m more of a prude than most when it comes to my daughter’s wardrobe, but really, people? Butterflies??
5. Who stole Dolly’s outfit from Best Little Whorehouse in Texas and reproduced it in child’s sizes?
6. Why haven’t I gotten on the bandwagon of having carousel horses on my thigh?
6b. And Fantasy Islands on my kneecaps???
7. Who stole this from my Mother?? Because I distinctly remember last wearing this in the spring of 1984.
8. Are there four words in the English Language that should go together LESS than “Leopard”, “Bikini”, “Toddler”, and “Girls”?
8b. Oh wait. Perhaps “Cheetah”, “Girls”, “Spandex” and “Booty Shorts” could compete.
9. When did it become necessary for toddler girls to go into Full Mourning, Downton Abbey Style?
10. How did the 1986 El Dorado Kansas Wal-Mart Clearance Rack make it onto Zulily?
11. Wasn’t there a Star Trek Episode about this swimsuit?
12. What exactly makes this worthy of originally costing $1,200? 12b. And did anyone pay it? Because I would like to meet them. Now.
13. Who was the marketing genius that came up with the byline “Ready to Boogie”? Because I want to meet them. Now.
14. Does she have her office door closed? 14b. And does she have to look over the top of her glasses quite so sultrily? 14c. And why isn’t anything written on her notepad? 14d. And don’t those red polka dots show through her white shirt when buttoned up? 14e. And why oh why didn’t I patent this when I invented my own five years ago with an old tank top and scissors???
15. How exactly does smock hold up under water? It seems as if it would perhaps weight a child down past the point of flotation…
16. Why aren’t more kid’s clothes screen-printed with belly dancers??
Just in case you wanted to see her closer…
17. How cool would Ali think I was if I looked like Jasmine on the beach?
18. And speaking of the beach, who needs help looking wrinkled, drooping, and flabby? Because I’ve found the suit for you!!
19. How can I make sure that Chris NEVER sees this and forces me to buy a matching set for my children?
20. Isn’t this what was left of Cinderella’s dress after the Stepsisters ripped it up?
21. Where were Tube Socks for Babies when my Babies were Babies?!?!?! Because who wouldn’t want to pay $62 to make their baby’s head be mistaken for a soccer player’s calf??
Please. Feel free to answer below.