Tomorrow is The Big Day. The day that we finally get to find out whether I’ve been toting around a boy or a girl for the past 16.5 weeks.
On Ali’s big sono day, being that I was a new and nervous parent, I was slightly more anxious about making sure that everything was all right and in place than with what exactly was in place “down there’.
Although I was absolutely delighted when they told us she was a girl and I could clearly see her very healthy looking self, towards the end of the sonogram, I still had to nervously ask… “So … is everything okay with her?”
And at that exact second, Ali gave us a thumbs up, and held it resolutely (and quite convincingly) for the rest of the sonogram:
“Well, there’s your answer, huh?”
And so began my all-too-typical parenting assumption that my kid HAD to be THE smartest kid in the whole world, EVEN 20 weeks before her birth.
Obviously, Newbie has a lot to live up to on Wednesday. And for the rest of their livelong days.
But more importantly, what is this kid gonna be?
This is your official chance to submit your guess…Is it a Newbie or a Newbette? Or is it just a Newb because he/she decides keep his/her legs firmly crossed in an absolute refusal to let us see the goods, in which case he/she will be grounded for the duration of his/her in utero stay?
Here are the facts as I know them so far:
- The Intelligender predictor predicted a girl.
- The Chinese baby chart predicted a girl.
- My cravings are about half and half same/different than I had with Ali.
- I felt unbelievably worse with Newbie than with Ali (I think I can finally safely say that The Period of Misery is over, by the way).
- I think I’m carrying Newbie rather low (although I’ve never understood how to tell at this stage, but I can assure you that Newbie is just about to twist my bladder in half, thereby making me have to pee at least twice a minute. Anyone have an extra catheter laying around? Preferably not previously used.)
AND to make the guessing a bit more fun, I’ve even got a prize hanging around: if you guess correctly in your Newbie/Newbette/Newb-ness, you’ll be entered to win a $50 Restaurant.com gift certificate! I’ll pick a random person from the winning group tomorrow and post it on my Giveaway Winner’s Page.
Also, feel free to give any name suggestions you just feel that you MUST share…as I have procrastinatedly delayed The Conversations as far as it is absolutely possible that Chris will allow me to…so they shall commence tomorrow night.
Please send chocolate.