…except that it means that half of you all are off, gallivanting around on the warm sunny beaches of the world while I’m stuck in The Neverending Winter.
I’m pretty sure God typoed and selected “Alaska” instead of “Alabama” on the pull-down menu when he put in our Weather Order for this year.
But back to Spring Break. I’m still in the weird stage of life – in between college and having school-aged kids – where Spring Break is a week that lots of other people have off, but is another normal week for me.
I want a better, more meaningful relationship with Spring Break. Without having to be in school or teach school to get it.
So, while I’m over here sulking, here are a couple of randoms:
1. Blogger has this great new gadget called “Pages”.
(At least I think it’s new. I just noticed it for the first time last week. If it’s not new, don’t tell me that I am WAY behind the times.)
2. I’m very excited about pages. It’s kinda like having WordPress without having to make The Big Change.
(Okay, it’s not at all like having WordPress, but a girl can pretend, right??)
3. First of all, I am using these pages to bring back my Blogroll. I took it off of my sidebar a few months ago because I didn’t like that I couldn’t include everyone without it being a mile and a half long, but the pages application is the perfect use for it. So now there’s a link on my sidebar to get to my blogroll, which will take you to my nifty new page. I tried really, really hard to include everyone, but if I left you off, please let me know.
4. I am also using this uber-cool new pages feature to host my giveaway winners from now on. There is now a Winners Page that will always have the winners on it. That way, my OCD self doesn’t have to feel weird about having a whole post to announce one winner. It just makes me nervous. So, check out my new Winners Page to see yesterday’s Earthborn Pottery winner.
5. Speaking of Earthborn Pottery, several of you have asked me about when Tena would have products on sale. Tena is having a liquidation sale of 40 extra Banquet Bowls that she makes for Bellagio Resort. They are large bowls and retail at $287 but she’s selling these 40 for $100 each (65% off!), and they can be shipped. If you’re interested in getting one or want more information, you can tweet her, or let me know and I’ll get you in touch with her.
5. Ali’s got some stiff toddler competition (for last place) in my Bracket Pool by K from This is the Day. K even has a super cute video of her Selection Show – I think Ali is feeling the burn of intimidation. So, I’ve decided to add a prize: I haven’t finished nailing down all the details yet, but there will be a very fun kid prize for whichever kid (under the age of 10) does the WORST. So far it’s just K and Ali, so you have a day to get your kid in to play too, or K will just win by default.
(Obviously, Ali can’t win. Stinks being the Blogger’s Kid.)
6. BUT NO CHEATING, people! This is the honor system. No fair guiding them in their selection process to pick all of the 16’s! You must honestly let them pick their brackets by some method, whether just asking them, or the more archaic methods that I used last year.
7. So if you have a kid that wants to enter, let me know it’s a kid entry, and be sure and get it in before the first game Thursday night (after that I don’t think it will let you add one).
Now I’m going to go back to my Non-Spring Break. Please tell me I’m not the only one suffering from Lack-Of-Spring-Break-Blues…