- I NEED….some recipes for Chicken Salad. I’ve never made it before, but seeing as how it is the second item in my listing of favorite food groups (right after chocolate, of course), I’m DETERMINED to try it as part of testing of my new Ninja. Here’s what I do and don’t like in my Chicken Salad:
- The smaller the chicken pieces, the better. Shredded (like Zoës) is best. No chunks of dry tasteless meat for me!
- Fruit and nuts are acceptable ingredients, but not required.
- Nothing that tastes like it could be Chicken salad, but it might be Egg Salad or Tuna Salad (a la Chick Fil A’s Chicken Salad – YUCK!). It must clearly be Chicken Salad.
- Nothing too fancy. The simpler, the better.
- I NEED…to know what I want for my birthday. It’s next Friday (store that fact in your most important short term memory bank!). Chris has been asking me for WEEKS what I want and I just can’t come up with anything!!
(We practice practical gift-giving in our house – you say what you want so you get what you want. Romantic guessing games of giving each other surprises, we feel, have more potential of leading to disappointment than simply giving what the other person requests.)
- I don’t think I need clothes, but hey – clothes are always fun and a good standby.
- Chris asked me if I needed any new domain names (Yes, I’m THAT geeky. Yes, he bought me a domain name for Christmas), but I can’t think of anything blog related that I need…
- I COULD use a secondary camera battery (mine always runs out at inopportune times), but that just doesn’t seem very exciting to open up on one’s birthday…although maybe if it were paired with something else…
Okay. So you have your assignments. I need your Chicken Salad Recipes and I need you to read my mind and tell me what the PERFECT 28th Birthday present is. Get to work, people!
p.s. – because I’m anal retentive and have a great (though quirky) need for symmetry, I have a post of all pictures on B-Sides to counteract this visually lacking post.