Well. Hi there!
The internet is a funny place.
And by funny, I mean weird.
For whatever reason, one of my denim posts went viral on Pinterest a year and a half ago. And for some other whatever reason, the same post went viral on Facebook last week. As such, there are a decent number of new people hanging around, so I figured I should introduce myself properly.
So hello! I’m Rachel. I live in Birmingham, Alabama, have been blogging for six years, and have written a ridiculous 1,760 blog posts. And by ridiculous, I mean the posts. And the volume.
My favorite aspect of blogging is new friends – I am devoted to getting to know my readers. I love emails, live off of comments, and look forward to interacting with you on Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and Facebook. I’m not always super prompt with my email and comment replies (especially this week when I have a couple hundred waiting for me), but I do my very best to get to know everyone who interacts with me. So please – say hi and introduce yourself somewhere!
I don’t always write about jeans. If you followed me because you thought I was a fashion blogger, I’m sorry. I try to be as eclectic as possible, avoiding being shoved into any niche. The highest of compliments is “I would have never guessed you would blog about that today!” However, I do blog about fashion every now and then…you’ll just never know when. Nor will I.
I’m going to be re-running some of my most popular posts here and there over the next few weeks, but if you want a little homework, (and I DO give out gold stars for good work,) here are some of the things I tend to blog about:
- Okay. Yes. I’m a Mom. So a lot of my blog posts are about… <gasp> my kids. Hopefully most in are presented in an un-cheesy manner. And they’re cute kids, so that helps.
- I even let my kids blog for me sometimes. And vlog. They’re not half bad writers, if I may say so myself.
- Okay okay okay. We even homeschool. So sometimes…yes…I talk about homeschooling. But I’m the least natural homeschool Mom on the internet, so don’t expect me to tell you how to make your own gluten-free bread or laundry detergent. If it helps put me into perspective, yesterday morning I told my three year old that he had to finish his breakfast before he could have candy. And his breakfast was a piece of birthday cake.
- I am constantly looking for a good investigation, marginally scientific surveys and reports to publish, and other things of a ridiculously geeky nature.
- I am infatuated with the internet. And with poking fun at it.
- I sometimes make graphics about my favorite television shows, Downton Abbey and The Big Bang Theory.
- I find great joy in discovering the worst stuff on Zulily and sharing it with you. I’m not sure that Zulily feels that same joy.
- My bank and I have a weird relationship, and it comes up from time to time.
- I’ve been attending Alabama Football games with my husband for 14 years. And I document the stunning fashion statements that lie within.
- I tend to attract all members of the Awkwardly Intense Busybody Club. And I take notes for you.
- I like to point out the more unique facets of life – for instance, how breast pumps talk. And some people eat placenta. And that my city has a graffiti artist named Moist.
- Clearly, I don’t mind being disgusting when a blog post calls for it.
- Every now and then, I get struck with an inspiration for craftiness. Some fail, others succeed.
- I’ve become obsessed with taking photos – especially of my city and sunsets. And they’re almost all taken on my iPhone – and I don’t mind sharing how I take them.
- Every now and then, I get serious. But very rarely. I promise.
Now that we know each other a little better, I hope you haven’t run off screaming.
If not, say hello! Introduce yourself, tell me where you’re from, something unique about you, and what sort of blog post appeals to you the most. I’m looking forward to meeting you all!