Having a boy teether has been a completely different experience.
Because let’s face it – men do not handle pain as well as women.
(Or at the very least, they want you to be fiercely aware of their discomfort at all times.)
But despite Noah’s continuous anger while teething, I don’t like the thought of constantly medicating my baby, despite his (at times) quite unbearable composition.
Every time I’ve asked other moms how they handle this incorrigible stage, they’ve told me the miracle cure is homeopathic teething tablets.
But the complicating factor was that they were sold in very few stores and were made by a company I’d never heard of. I’ve not been able to find them since Ali was a baby, but they definitely helped her.
So I was super excited to find out that Baby Orajel Naturals is now making their own all-natural teething tablets. A major brand I know well and that will be a lot easier to find in stores!
They sent me a few bottles to try out, and the timing couldn’t have been more perfect. Noah just cut his seventh tooth, and since they’ve all come in pairs, I knew number eight was not far behind.
When I showed Chris the bottle, he looked skeptical.
“They’re … pills??”
“Yes, but they’re dissolvable, and he really likes them!”
And so I demonstrated our process.
1. Begin by cornering very angry baby.
2. Pull out the bottle and watch angry baby morph into excited baby. Pull out first teething tablet and hand to baby. Watch ensuing admiration and intrigue.
3. Pop the pill under their tongue for them. Watch as baby looks shocked and confused at the disappearance of the dissolving treat.
4. Wait patiently for about 10 minutes, then enjoy the newly calm,
and possibly even happy baby.
(Okay, yes. There was a wardrobe change in there. But that’s another thing that boys require more of.)
Although I still give him Tylenol or Ibuprofen when the pain seems to get to be too much, it’s nice to have an all-natural supplement for the milder teething days.
And, in case you’re wondering the details of what is in these happiness-inducing pills, they use Chamomilla as one of their key ingredients and are belladonna-free, benzocaine-free, dye-free, alcohol-free and paraben-free.
And for you, Baby Orajel Naturals and BlogHer are teaming up to give one lucky reader a $100 Target Gift Card!
If you would like to enter for a chance to win, simply comment on the post and share one of your favorite parenting moments…or funniest parenting moment…or even most horrific parenting moment!! I just want to hear about a moment, so entertain me.
1. No duplicate comments.
2. You may receive (2) total entries by selecting from the following entry methods:
- Leave a comment in response to the sweepstakes prompt on this post.
- Tweet about this promotion and leave the URL to that tweet in a comment on this post.
- Blog about this promotion and leave the URL to that post in a comment on this post.
- For those with no Twitter or blog, read the official rules to learn about an alternate form of entry.
This giveaway is open to US Residents age 18 or older. Winner will be selected via random draw, and will be notified by e-mail. You have 72 hours to get back to me, otherwise a new winner will be selected.
The Official Rules are available here.
This sweepstakes runs from 5/1 – 5/31/2012.
So tell me a story. And best of luck!!
Be sure to visit the Baby Orajel page on BlogHer.com where you can read other bloggers’ reviews and find more chances to win.
Disclosure: This post is in conjunction with a BlogHer Sponsored Promotion. All opinions herein are mine (and Noah’s).
Orajel® is a registered trademark of Church & Dwight.