Since mine and Chris’ relationship originated from our shared love of music, one of our goals this year was to get our guitars back and out play more often with Ali. And so, we had a good old fashioned family singalong a couple of nights ago.
Although this video is a little longer than I normally publish, I’m sure you’ll find it useful. In this Vlog (“Video Blog”, for those of you who think I just typoed the word “blog”), you will learn valuable musical skills, such as:
- How useful feet can be when playing the guitar.
- It’s hard to clap when you are strumming the guitar.
- Or holding the camera.
- “If you’re happy and you know it, say Axiomatically Bombastic!!” IS a legitimate verse to “Happy and You Know it”. At least it is to a two year old.
(If you’re wondering how that phrase made it into her vocab, you can read about it here)
- There’s nothing wrong with swapping the roles of the hands right in the middle of a song.
- You must be very careful not to stifle your own music.
Obviously, with the originality and caliber of our song choice and the sheer talent of Ali’s guitar playing, we’ll be traveling with The Taubls in no time.