It’s that time again!
But first of all, I have to ‘fess up. . . I have been putting off writing today’s Thankful Thursday post. Every week since I started this weekly column, I knew what I was going to write, and usually even had this post written, days in advance. But this week, I still don’t know quite what to say, even as I type these words. It’s not that I’m not thankful – because I certainly am – it’s just that it’s not coming to me as easily as usual.
I think the reason for this is that I have felt a bit down this week – not sure why really, just down. It may be as simple as being a side effect of the anesthesia and surgery-related drugs that I took last week, and, maybe, the CUTTING OPEN of my body. I seem to remember feeling this way after past surgeries.
I also feel like all of my blog posts this week have shown my state of mind – they’ve had quite the serious note. Not that I have anything against being serious – I just prefer being more of an “entertaining” blogger. As I noted in my sidebar yesterday, I’m really hoping that my sense of humor wasn’t kept in my gall bladder, because at the moment it feels like it is missing again.
Anyway, I’m not trying to whine on Thankful Thursday – I’m just being honest, and letting you know where I’m coming from. I am very, very thankful though. And so I think I’ll do bullet points for today’s Thankful Thursday:
- I am so thankful that my surgery is over, was successful, and I was able to recover (for the most part) so quickly.
- I am so thankful for my parent’s willingness (and even eagerness!!) to keep Ali for a couple of days while I recovered. I didn’t really realize the depth of that gift until we picked her up on Saturday and I realized how exhausting it was to keep up with a toddler after having surgery!!
- I am thankful that Ali grasped that Mommy didn’t feel good. She was so great to go to Daddy automatically when she wanted to be held, read to, played with, etc all weekend long. A toddler’s intuitive abilities are really amazing!!
- I am thankful that even in a “down” or difficult week, my hope is in Christ, and so even if I don’t “feel” good, I certainly have a peace and joy despite my feelings because I know it is temporary, it will go away, and that God is in control and will provide for my needs!
- Post Script Thankfulness (I wrote this post Wednesday afternoon and it is now Wednesday night): I had a wonderful night and talk with Chris and am feeling much better than I have all week. It’s amazing what being able to voice (and write) feelings can do to alleviate their pressure. And I am SO thankful for Chris’ encouragement when I need it the most!
OK – your turn!! What are you thankful for today? Leave it in a comment, or if you have a blog, write a post and link it in with Mr. Linky, and you can have the pleasure of welcoming my wonderful readers to your site!
To use Mr. Linky to link to your blog, just type in your name in the first slot, then copy and paste the URL of your blog post in the second one and click “Enter” – then there will be a link to your post from my blog!