This is one of my favorite childhood meals, and takes all of five minutes to prepare and no more than ten minutes to cook. It’s a perfect meal for busy summer days!
1. Cut sub rolls down the middle, but sub bottoms on a nonstick pan.
2. Layer your three favorite sandwich meats on the bottom sub, then put three cheeses on top of that.
(My choices are ham, turkey and chicken, followed by Colby-Jack, Provolone, and Muenster.)
3. Set oven to broil and place subs in (without top bun), let broil until cheese starts melting down onto the pan.
4. Put condiments, vegetables, and pepper on non-toasted top bun.
5. Scrape up the cheese skirt and serve beside your sandwich.